St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Carver, MN
- Farewell receptions for Fr. Edison Galarza
Please plan to join us for our farewell receptions for Fr. Galarza this Saturday,and Sunday (June 29 & 30). Come and wish Fr. Galarza all the best as he begins his new assignment on July 1, at Risen Savior Parish in Burnsville, and as the Spanish chaplain for Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
Saturday, June 29 Reception
*Following 4 PM Mass in Carver
Sunday, June 30 Receptions
*Following the 8 AM Mass in Chaska
*Following the 9:15 AM Mass in Carver
*Fr. Galarza will greet people after the 10:30 AM Mass in Chaska
*Fiesta after the Noon Spanish Mass in Chaska
- 2019 Fall Festival Planning in underway. We'll celebrate our 150th Anniversary Year and our German Heritage. We need committee chairs to head up the areas 5K, Children's Games, Bingo, Bake Sale or Country Store. If volunteers don't step forward by July 10 we'll proceed planning without those elements are part of the Festival.
See the Fall Festival page for full details
- New Mass times at St. Nicholas as of July 1 are as follows
Friday, 6 PM
Saturday, 4 PM
Sunday, 9:15 AM
Spanish Mass is now held at Guardian Angels in Chaska, Mass time is each Sunday at noon.
- Father Galarza departure letter
- Can you help out? - We are looking for adult individuals to commit to one week a month to mowing the St. Nicholas campus lawn. We have a riding lawn mower and a self-propelled push mower on site to use. Please call the Parish Office at (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000 to volunteer or for questions. To single-handily mow the entire campus with a push mower it takes 3 hours. Grab a helper and the job is half the work and twice the fun!
Tuesday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Sunday, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
If you need assistance outside of these hours please call (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000
- Our prayer garden is open to visitors any time of year. You can still purchase a brick or sponsor a station.
Saturday Rosary: Join us every Saturday at 4:15 PM and 6:15 PM as we pray the Rosary. All are welcome and invited to join us! We will be praying in the church over the winter months for the 6:15 Rosary, during the summer we'll move outside to the Prayer Garden.
Sunday Choir: If you're interested in joining the Choir for the 9:15 AM English Mass on Sundays, please contact our Organist, Mary or the parish office.
Please continue to bring us your aluminum cans and drop them in the receptacle in the parking lot. Please do not place bags or boxes inside the collection unit.
Posted on: June 1, 2019
New Windows Approved
St. Nicholas Property and Finance Council Approves Budget for 2019-2020 and New Windows for the Parish Rectory This past Tuesday the Property and Finance Council approved a balanced budget including a small surplus for the coming fiscal year that begins on July 1. The council also recommended that the windows in our historic rectory/office be replaced. The window replacements have been approved by the Carver Historic Preservation Board and will be made of wood with wood lattice on either side of double paned energy efficient glass. They will cost more than your typical window because they are custom sized, and all wood, but they will save energy, while preserving the historic structure that we are blessed to have. Anyone who would like to donate any amount, or sponsor a window is most welcomed and invited to do so. Just call Lynn Arnal at (952) 227-4001 to see how you can help.