St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Carver, MN
- St. Nicholas Bingo at River City Days in Chaska!
We'll again host Bingo at River City Days in Chaska on July 27. We're in need of volunteers to help run the bingo games, please sign up via this link.
- Grand Celebration of Infant Jesus, Sunday, July 21 10:30 AM
The Prayer Garden Board invites everyone to the grand celebration of Infant Jesus, with a Spanish Mass at 10:30 AM. Following Mass there'll be good music, food and cultural celebrations throughout the day. During your visit, make your pilgrimage to the Infant Jesus Shrine and discover an additional seven shrines. The waterfall will beckon you to enjoy the serenity of the Prayer Garden, and the beautiful roses in their full glory are sure to add to your enjoyment.
- 2019 Fall Festival Planning in underway.
We'll celebrate our 150th Anniversary Year and our German Heritage. We need committee chairs to head up the areas 5K, Children's Games, Bingo, Bake Sale or Country Store. If volunteers don't step forward soon we'll proceed planning without those elements are part of the Festival.
See the Fall Festival page for full details
- Prayer Garden News - Everyone is welcome to enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our prayer garden. We invite you to enjoy the sweet fragrance of hundreds of roses in full bloom. If the spirit moves you, we welcome all volunteers of any interest or skill level as we have many opportunities. Please contact Debra or Lynn or Jean at the St. Nicholas parish office for further information.
- New Mass times at St. Nicholas as of July 1 are as follows
Friday, 6 PM
Saturday, 4 PM
Sunday, 9:15 AM
Spanish Mass is now held at Guardian Angels in Chaska, Mass time is each Sunday at noon.
- Can you help out? - We are looking for adult individuals to commit to one week a month to mowing the St. Nicholas campus lawn. We have a riding lawn mower and a self-propelled push mower on site to use. Please call the Parish Office at (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000 to volunteer or for questions. To single-handily mow the entire campus with a push mower it takes 3 hours. Grab a helper and the job is half the work and twice the fun!
Tuesday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
If you need assistance outside of these hours please call (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000
- Our prayer garden is open to visitors any time of year. You can still purchase a brick or sponsor a station.
Saturday Rosary: Join us every Saturday at 3:45 PM as we pray the Rosary before 4 PM Mass. All are welcome and invited to join us!
Sunday Choir: If you're interested in joining the Choir for the 9:15 AM English Mass on Sundays, please contact our Organist, Mary or the parish office.
Please continue to bring us your aluminum cans and drop them in the receptacle in the parking lot. Please do not place bags or boxes inside the collection unit.
Posted on: June 28, 2019
Thank You Father Galarza
Thank you Fr. Galarza!
God Bless you in your new assignment! This is the last weekend with our beloved associate pastor, Fr. Edison Galarza serving us. We have been blessed to have him serving at both St. Nicholas and Guardian Angels since February of 2018. Fr. Galarza will begin his new dual assignment at Risen Savior Church in Burnsville and Regions Hospital in St. Paul on July 1. He will offer the Sunday Spanish Mass at Risen Savior, and serve as chaplain for the Spanish speaking patients at Regions Hospital. Fr. Galarza has been a great joy to be with! We will miss him greatly! His ever joyful spirit, laughter, and strong trust in Jesus is a great blessing. Please wish him well when you see him this weekend! We love you Father Galarza! God Bless you always!
Spanish Mass; Bishop Cozzens coming August 4th Moving forward, our combined Spanish Mass will be at Guardian Angels at Noon each Sunday. Fr. Joseph Williams, who is the Vicar for Spanish ministry will be offering the Mass on some of the Sundays this summer as well as Fr. Sam Perez whom many of you know from the New Ulm Diocese. On Sunday, August 4, Auxiliary Bishop Andrew Cozzens will be joining us to offer the Mass. The longer plan for the priest for our Spanish ministry is still being discerned by the Archdiocese. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to guide this discernment!
Corpus Christi Procession was Wonderful! Last Sunday about 150 joined our Eucharistic procession from St. Nicholas to Guardian Angels. The rain held off (thank you Lord!), and the faithful of all ages joined in the prayerful walk that took about an hour and fifteen minutes total. Singing, praying, and at times silently processing, it was a powerful experience for all. Thank you to all who helped organize this devotion to our Lord. I’ve already heard many people say we should do it again next year! Stay tuned! Happy Fourth of July!