St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Carver, MN
- St. Nicholas Bingo at River City Days in Chaska!
We'll again host Bingo at River City Days in Chaska on July 27. We're in need of volunteers to help run the bingo games, please sign up via this link.
- Grand Celebration of Infant Jesus, Sunday, July 21 10:30 AM
The Prayer Garden Board invites everyone to the grand celebration of Infant Jesus, with a Spanish Mass at 10:30 AM. Following Mass there'll be good music, food and cultural celebrations throughout the day. During your visit, make your pilgrimage to the Infant Jesus Shrine and discover an additional seven shrines. The waterfall will beckon you to enjoy the serenity of the Prayer Garden, and the beautiful roses in their full glory are sure to add to your enjoyment.
- 2019 Fall Festival Planning in underway.
We'll celebrate our 150th Anniversary Year and our German Heritage. We need committee chairs to head up the areas 5K, Children's Games, Bingo, Bake Sale or Country Store. If volunteers don't step forward soon we'll proceed planning without those elements are part of the Festival.
See the Fall Festival page for full details
- Prayer Garden News - Everyone is welcome to enjoy the serenity and peacefulness of our prayer garden. We invite you to enjoy the sweet fragrance of hundreds of roses in full bloom. If the spirit moves you, we welcome all volunteers of any interest or skill level as we have many opportunities. Please contact Debra or Lynn or Jean at the St. Nicholas parish office for further information.
- New Mass times at St. Nicholas as of July 1 are as follows
Friday, 6 PM
Saturday, 4 PM
Sunday, 9:15 AM
Spanish Mass is now held at Guardian Angels in Chaska, Mass time is each Sunday at noon.
- Can you help out? - We are looking for adult individuals to commit to one week a month to mowing the St. Nicholas campus lawn. We have a riding lawn mower and a self-propelled push mower on site to use. Please call the Parish Office at (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000 to volunteer or for questions. To single-handily mow the entire campus with a push mower it takes 3 hours. Grab a helper and the job is half the work and twice the fun!
Tuesday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
If you need assistance outside of these hours please call (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000
- Our prayer garden is open to visitors any time of year. You can still purchase a brick or sponsor a station.
Saturday Rosary: Join us every Saturday at 3:45 PM as we pray the Rosary before 4 PM Mass. All are welcome and invited to join us!
Sunday Choir: If you're interested in joining the Choir for the 9:15 AM English Mass on Sundays, please contact our Organist, Mary or the parish office.
Please continue to bring us your aluminum cans and drop them in the receptacle in the parking lot. Please do not place bags or boxes inside the collection unit.
Posted on: June 8, 2019
Feast of Corpus Christi Procession
Feast of Corpus Christi Procession from St. Nicholas to Guardian Angels; no 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday, June 23 On Sunday, June 23, we will have a special procession with the Eucharist from St. Nicholas in Carver to Guardian Angels in Chaska. We’ll gather at 10:30 a.m. at the church in Carver and then process with the Blessed Sacrament to Guardian Angels. This procession will celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi (a traditional day to process with the Blessed Sacrament), as well as to celebrate the coming together of the Chaska and Carver Spanish speaking communities. I hope that both Spanish and English communities at Guardian Angels and St. Nicholas can come together for this beautiful procession. Those wanting a shorter procession can join us as we pass by the small parking area north of the Casey’s gas station in Carver. Those wanting an even shorter procession can join us near the Chaska Cubs ball field where the procession will be passing by as we follow the bike path from Carver to Chaska. There will be a bus to return you to your car at St. Nicholas, or the other starting points. The bus will run continuously between Noon and 2:00 p.m. as needed. Because of this procession, there will not be a 10:30 a.m. English Mass in Chaska on that day. The 10:30 a.m. Spanish Mass in Carver will no longer be offered as of that Sunday, June 23. There will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate Mass that weekend. Please see the schedule below; Feast of Corpus Christi, June 23, Mass Schedule Saturday 4:00 p.m. Carver 5:00 p.m. Chaska 7:00 p.m. Carver Sunday 8:00 a.m. Chaska 9:15 a.m. Carver Noon Chaska (Spanish) The Noon Mass in Chaska will be followed by a popcorn and lemonade fiesta! The Procession begins at 10:30 a.m. at St. Nicholas, or join at the parking lot near Casey’s at 10:45 a.m., or join near the Chaska Cubs Ball Park at 11:25 a.m. Procession arrives at GA around 11:45 a.m. Then Mass at noon in Spanish followed by popcorn and lemonade fiesta.