St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Carver, MN
- Farewell receptions for Fr. Edison Galarza
Please plan to join us for our farewell receptions for Fr. Galarza this Saturday,and Sunday (June 29 & 30). Come and wish Fr. Galarza all the best as he begins his new assignment on July 1, at Risen Savior Parish in Burnsville, and as the Spanish chaplain for Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
Saturday, June 29 Reception
*Following 4 PM Mass in Carver
Sunday, June 30 Receptions
*Following the 8 AM Mass in Chaska
*Following the 9:15 AM Mass in Carver
*Fr. Galarza will greet people after the 10:30 AM Mass in Chaska
*Fiesta after the Noon Spanish Mass in Chaska
- 2019 Fall Festival Planning in underway. We'll celebrate our 150th Anniversary Year and our German Heritage. We need committee chairs to head up the areas 5K, Children's Games, Bingo, Bake Sale or Country Store. If volunteers don't step forward by July 10 we'll proceed planning without those elements are part of the Festival.
See the Fall Festival page for full details
- New Mass times at St. Nicholas as of July 1 are as follows
Friday, 6 PM
Saturday, 4 PM
Sunday, 9:15 AM
Spanish Mass is now held at Guardian Angels in Chaska, Mass time is each Sunday at noon.
- Father Galarza departure letter
- Can you help out? - We are looking for adult individuals to commit to one week a month to mowing the St. Nicholas campus lawn. We have a riding lawn mower and a self-propelled push mower on site to use. Please call the Parish Office at (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000 to volunteer or for questions. To single-handily mow the entire campus with a push mower it takes 3 hours. Grab a helper and the job is half the work and twice the fun!
Tuesday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Thursday, 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Sunday, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
If you need assistance outside of these hours please call (952) 448-2345 or (952) 227-4000
- Our prayer garden is open to visitors any time of year. You can still purchase a brick or sponsor a station.
Saturday Rosary: Join us every Saturday at 4:15 PM and 6:15 PM as we pray the Rosary. All are welcome and invited to join us! We will be praying in the church over the winter months for the 6:15 Rosary, during the summer we'll move outside to the Prayer Garden.
Sunday Choir: If you're interested in joining the Choir for the 9:15 AM English Mass on Sundays, please contact our Organist, Mary or the parish office.
Please continue to bring us your aluminum cans and drop them in the receptacle in the parking lot. Please do not place bags or boxes inside the collection unit.
Posted on: May 3, 2019
May is Mary Month
May is traditionally a month that we pay particular devotion to the Blessed Mother. This year at both St. Nicholas and Guardian Angels our children in Faith Formation and at GA School have had May crownings and rosaries. Following the lead of our children and youth, let us all do something to strengthen our devotion to the Blessed Mother this month. Perhaps you can pray a rosary daily, or the Memorare, or some other Marian devotion, or prayer. Make an effort to visit the Prayer Garden at St. Nicholas and pray the large rosary in the garden grounds, and visit the beautiful Our Lady of Guadalupe grotto, or some of the devotional shrines dedicated to the Blessed Mother.