2018 Fall Festival
Our annual Fall Festival will take place September 8-9. This is our largest fundraiser of the entire year and this year is especially exciting as it will kick off our 150th Anniversary!
We'll have our regular activities of silent auction, raffle, food, Steamer 5K and Sunday's popular pancake breakfast. We'll also be bringing back favorites like bingo, children's games, the paddle wheel and more!
With our Fall Festival coinciding with the Carver Steamboat Day's celebration there will be many people from far and wide coming to Carver to enjoy the weekend.
There are items we’re still in need of:
- Volunteers! Please see the Volunteer section down the page.
- Prizes for Kids Games.
- Silent Auction Items - themed baskets, service certificates, and sports or event tickets are always a hit on the silent auction.
- Steamboat Days Raffle items (see below for growing list).
- Country Store items (home baked goods or home canned food items, fall and country themed items, flowers, plants as well as religious and handmade items).
- Tap wagon for the beer garden. If you have a tap truck or know anyone that has one that would donate it to us to use for the weekend.
- Another popular returning Festival item is the “Booze Buggy” which will be raffled off to the 21 and over Festival participants. If you have an overstock of unopened alcohol, gifted or purchased bottles of wine that are collecting dust, or want to buy a bottle of something to contribute, we would be sincerely grateful for anything you are able to contribute to this Fall Festival fundraising event.
As always, your donations are tax deductible so please be sure to note what you’re donating and we'll get you an end of the year tax statement.
If you would like to get involved in any way to help, donated or provide suggestions, please call/text Tammy at 612-695-7333 or Patty at 612-718-5009. We look forward to hearing from you!
** CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES AND REQUESTS AS WE CONTINUE THE PLANNING OF OUR FALL FESTIVAL **
Steamboat Days Raffle
Raffle tickets are $2.00, the raffle will be held at 3:00 PM on Sunday, September 9 at St. Nicholas Fall Festival. You don't need to be present to win. Purchase your tickets from a parishioner, at our office, at Carver Steamboat Days (we'll have a table downtown September 7-8), and at the Fall Festival September 8-9.
This year’s Raffle is off to a great start and donations are starting to come in, check back often for the updated prize list.
- $300 Cash
- $200 Cash
- 4 - $50 Cash (4 names will be drawn)
- 1/2 Hog - Donated by Steve & Amy Roble
- Oil Change - Donated by Arboretum Tire & Auto
- 4 - $25 Casey's Gift Cards (4 names will be drawn)
- Yard Dice Game - Donated by the Van ReMortel's
Check back for more to come!
What's going to make this event great for our fellow parishioners, guests, families and those in town for Steamboat Days who may be new to visiting St. Nicholas? Having all of our events well-staffed and running smoothly thanks to St. Nicholas volunteers.
What can you do to help? We’re in need of volunteers to be leaders for each area below, also those to help set up, run and tear down each area.
Children’s Games: These volunteers will help plan and run the games (i.e. pick-a-duck, balloon pop, ring toss, bags and more) and prizes as well as set-up, help recruit more volunteers to man the games during the festival, and tear-down at festival end.
Country Store: These volunteers will help collect items for the Country Store, setup and take down the store that will be in the garage again, as well as help recruit more volunteers to man the store during the festival.
Silent Auction: These volunteers will help collect items for the silent auction, inventory and setup in the parish center as well as track the donated items on a spreadsheet, at the close of the auction complete the spreadsheet and notify the winners of the items and collect payments.
Adult’s Games: To keep visitors engaged we’re bringing back bingo and the paddlewheel. These will again be under the center tent as they were in the past. The volunteers for these games will help with set up of bingo tables and chairs, supplies, bingo caller area. They’ll also help set up the paddle wheel and prizes for this game as well as help recruit volunteers for both.
Beer/Food Tent: We're bringing back some old Fall Festival favorites--hot dogs, popcorn, candy, etc. --and we’d like to also have some of the Latino favorites from recent years – elote, pupusas, . These vounteers will help source will help source the food, beverages and supplies, as well as recruit volunteers to man the food and beer area of the tent. Additionally, we will need to provide server training for anyone working in the beer tent so we're compliant with the rules and regulations under the temporary liquor license. Please note that raffle tickets and pull tabs will also be sold under the tent in the food/beer area.
If you can help please call/text Tammy at 612-695-7333 or Patty at 612-718-5009. We look forward to hearing from you!